Thursday, September 22, 2005

Take a Moment For God

I received an e-mail, (another one of those send to 10 people or else letters)

Not that I didn't want to forward this, but I realized I didn't even have close to 10 names to send it to.

Perhaps On-Line it will reach 10, or even more!
HERE IS THE E-MAIL:
-----------------------------------------------------------
God, when I received this e-mail, I thought....
I don't have time for this.... And, this is really
inappropriate during work....
Then I realized that this kind of thinking is...
Exactly what has caused alot of the problems
in our world today!

We try to keep God in the Church...
We like to have Him around during sickness
and problems....
And, of course, at funerals.
However, we don't have time, or room for
Him during work or play....
Because,
That's the part of our lives we think we can,
and should, handle on our own.

May God forgive me for ever thinking that
there is a time or place where HE is not to be
FIRST in my life.

HE keeps me functioning each and every day.
Without HIM, I am nothing. But, with CHRIST,
HE strengthens me. (Phil 4:13)

I don't think I know 10 people who would admit
they love Jesus. Do You Love him?

THE POEM:
I knelt to pray, but not for long. I had too much
to do. I had to hurry and get to work-for bills
would soon be due! So I knelt and said a "hurried
prayer" - Jumped up off my knees, My Christian
duty was now done. My soul could rest at ease.
All day long I had no time to spread a word of
Cheer. No time to speak of Christ to friends,
they'd laugh at me I'd fear. No time, no time,
too much to do, That was my constant cry!
No time to give to souls in need, but at last the
time to die. I went before the Lord, I came, I stood
with downcast eyes, for in his hands GOD held a
book; It was the "Book of Life".
GOD looked into his book and said "Your name I
cannot find. I once was going to write it down...
But never found the time!"

Easy vs. Hard
Why is it so hard to tell the truth but yet so easy
to tell a lie? Why are we so sleepy in church, but
when the sermon is over-we suddenly wake up?
Why is it so hard to talk about GOD, but yet so
easy to talk about nasty stuff? Why is it boring to
look at a Christian magazine, but yet so easy to
look at a nasty one? Why is it so easy to delete a
GODly e-mail, but yet we forward all of the nasty
ones? Why are the churches getting smaller-but-
the bars and dance clubs are getting larger?
DO YOU GIVE UP?
Just remember-GOD is watching you.
Of all the gifts we may receive, Prayer is the
very best one.... It doesn't cost anything-but delivers
wonderful rewards...... GOD BLESS!

SMALL STORY
There once was a man named George Thomas,
pastor in a small New England town. One Easter
Sunday morning he came to the Church carrying a
rusty, bent, old bird cage--and set it by the pulpit.
Eyebrows were raised and, as if in response,
Pastor Thomas began to speak... "I was walking
through town yesterday when i saw a young boy
coming toward me swinging this bird cage. On the
bottom of the cage were three little wild birds,
shivering with cold and fright. I stopped the lad
and asked, "What do you have there, son?"
"Just some old birds!" was the reply.
"What are you going to do with them?" I asked.
"Take'em home and have fun with 'em." he
answered. "I'm gonna tease 'em and pull out
their feathers to make 'em fight, I'm gonna have
a real good time!" said the boy.
"But won't you get tired of them after awhile?" I
asked. "Oh, I'll feed them to my cats, they like
birds!" said the boy.
The pastor was silent for a moment. "How much
do you want for those birds, son?" I asked.
'Oh, you don't want these birds, mister! They are
just plain 'ol field birds. They don't sing and they
ain't even pretty!" said the boy.
Again the pastor asked, "How much?" The boy
looked at the pastor as if he was crazy, and said
"$10"---The pastor reached in his pocket and
took out a ten dollar bill. He placed it in the boy's
hand. In a flash, the boy was gone. the pastor
picked up the cage and gently carried it to the end
of the alley where there was a tree and a grassy
spot. Setting the cage down, he opened the door,
and by softly tapping the bars, persuaded the birds
out, setting them free.
Well, that explaines the empty bird cage on the
pulpit, and then the pastor began to tell his sermon:
One day Satan and Jesus were having a conversation.
Satan had just come from the Garden of Eden, and
he was gloating and boasting. "Yes sir, I just caught
a world full of people down ther. Set me trap, used
bait I knew they couldn't resist--Got 'em all!!!
"What are you going to do with them?" Jesus asked.
Satan replied, "Oh, I'm gonna have some fun. I'm
gonna teach them how to marry and divorce, how to
hate and abuse, how to drink and smoke and curse.
I'm gonna teach them how to invent gungs and
bombs and kill each other....I'm really gonna have
fun!" "And what will you do when you get tired of
them?" Jesus asked. "Oh, I'll kill 'em!" Satan glared
proudly. "How much do you want for them?" asked
Jesus. "Oh, you don't want those people. They ain't
no good. Why, you'll take them and they'll just hate
you, they'll spit on you, curse you, and put you to
death.... You don't want them people!"
"How much?" Jesus asked again. Satan looked at
Jesus and sneered, "All your blood, tears and your
life!" Jesus said, "DONE"--and he Paid the Price!!!

The Pastor picked up the cage, opened the door and
he walked out of the church.

Isn't it funny how We are more worried about what
Other people think of us, than what GOD thinks of
Us?

Isn't it funny how some people say "I believe in GOD"
But still follow Satan-(who, by the way, also
"believes" in God.)

MY THOUGHTS ON THIS E-MAIL:
Well, it is definately LONG-but gets its point accross!

1 Comments:

Blogger Marilyn B. said...

I don't usually read other people's blogs... or emails like the one that you posted, but I'm really glad that I came across your posting. Thanks for making my day!

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home